I hear more and more people say they would prefer to spend their time outside of the workplace/home. True, it is not easy to find such a job. Most of the professions around the world are usually indoors. I did a little research on this topic and gathered the info. I thought it would be more interesting if I made it into an infographic. Check it out below!
In order to keep your wooden floor looking great, you have to take care of it. Here I've listed ways to make it's life longer and a few tips for easier cleaning.
1. Clean the spill
Of course sometimes you'd drop a cup or accidentally spill water but know that you have to clean it right away. The moisture can damage your floor.
2. Protect the floor
You might not believe it, but the weather plays a big role. In the winter, the heat from the air-conditioner can make the floor shrink and pull it apart. Make sure you keep an average temperature in the room.
3. How to clean the wooden floor
The most efficient solution here is to look at the finish. This will help you decide on what cleaning solutions you should use. Here are some tips on cleaning different types of floors.
Varnished, Lacquered, Oil-Treated, Shellacked, Untreated Floors
What to do:
1. It's best if you use the product that the manufacturer's listed and recommended on the back of the detergent. This is probably the most suitable cleaning solution for your wooden floor.
2. It's better to apply liquid wax or paste wax on the floor than water-based or acrylic wax. The last two can ruin the floor by making it white. Liquid wax is easy use but it leaves less protection. Your best choice is paste wax.
3. The most efficient way to keep your wooden floor looking fresh is, of course cleaning it. Focus the most on the areas that get the most traffic. Clean it regularly and don't let it collect too much dust.
How to clean the floor
Firstly, vacuum the floor to remove dust. Then strip the old wax (using a stripper) and let the floor dry. Apply a thin coat of wax and again, let it dry.
What to do:
1. Just like with the shellacked and oil-treated floors, use products that are recommended by manufacturer.
2. Do not use furniture spray (the floor will get slippery) or oils (they don't fully absorb in the wood).
3. Don't think that water and vinegar will do a good job at cleaning the floor. Using that often can damage the floor and ruin the brightness of the wood.
How to clean the floor
Pour water and cleaning solutions in a bucket and dip the mop. Clean the whole house and make sure you squeeze out most of the water. Then go over the floor again with clean water.
A few tips on how to maintain a nice looking floor:
1. Don't put cleaner directly on the floor.
2. Be careful when moving furniture. Try not to leave scratches on the wood.
3. Clean spill and liquid drops right away. Water is very harmful to this covering.
4. Place mats in the kitchen, bathroom and other areas, where there's higher chance of food and water stains. This will prevent water spills falling directly on the floor.
5. Wipe off your shoes before you walk in the house. That way you won't bring as much dirt inside.
For all your interior design lovers, I decided to create this section of my blog. Each post will be for a different room of the house.
I want to start with the Living room - it is one of the most rooms in a house, as it gathers guests and family.
Luxurious/Modern Living Rooms
Living Room/Home theater
Open Living Rooms
Colourful Living Rooms
I hope you guys enjoyed it! Please leave comments below and tell me what's your favourite living room!
I am a normal human being and of course, I browse through Buzzfeed. Today, I stumbled upon an article with 17 inventions that make your life better!
For instance, a feet hammock? Why didn't I think of that? Take a look at the article below:
17 things to make your office workday better
Share with me your techniques to feel more comfy at work and at home!
Hey! I decided to write on this topic because it is a bit complicated when it comes to building and remodeling. Customers frequently ask me these types of questions. I've gathered here information, hopefully it can be helpful to you!
When do you need Building Regulations Approval?
- Construction of buildings such as Houses, Shops, Hotels, Offices
- Every extension, except for porches and conservatories
- Changes in the structure of the buildings
- Changes in the inner parts of the buildings
How to apply for Building Regulations?
Every borough has its website where you can find applications that you can fill. Or alternatively, talk on the phone with the staff. I advise you to get in touch with them and explain what your renovation is about. This way you'll be certain whether or not you need to complete an application for permission.
Is your home listed as a Historic Building?
It is quite important to check whether or not your home is a Listed Building. If your home is listed in the National Heritage List, there are certain restrictions that need to be kept. Extra control is practised on all renovations and changes for protection.
Do you need Planning Permission?
Certain home renovations aren't allowed without permission - they might be too big or too dangerous. All works should in no way disturb the community. In general, you need permission for bigger renovations. For improvements such as painting jobs and floor replacements no permission is required.
For more information, visit http://directory.londoncouncils.gov.uk/ where you can find all London boroughs with each council and government website of the area.